Sunday, February 14, 2010

photographing two- what I've learned


I love portraiture, but I've mostly worked with girls, only a few guys in the studio, and usually just one person at a time. It is really different photographing multiple people, and poses vary depending on whether your model is a man or a woman.
I recently photographed two girls in the studio, which was a first for me, so I was a little nervous about positioning them, lighting, and getting good images that showed both to their best advantage.
The photos turned out well, and this is one of my favorites. They worked because the girls are best friends, and natural together. After I started posing and directing them they would get ideas, and it just took off!
I am putting together a slideshow of more images from this shoot, so check back soon!

2 comments:

  1. Good photo! It was a smart decision to use two girls who know and like each other. They are both comfortable and having fun! most of all they don't seem scared or too overwhelmed by the camera's presence. Nice job. Have you ever had to develop a relationship with someone in order to photograph them (so they are comfortable)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually try to talk a lot to my models. I start before the shoot to try to loosen them up, then continue through the shoot. So yes, developing a relationship is part of it. I'm sure you have to when filming someone... any tips?

    ReplyDelete