Friday, February 19, 2010

studio portraits-what I learned

Usually when I take studio portraits I stick with what I know works. I try little variations, but basically play it safe. I have photographed mostly girls in the studio, which also influences the style of lighting.
For this photo shoot I decided to try something new. I had an idea of what look I wanted (using shadows, a little edgy, etc.), and so attempted to work with the lights until I got it. It was a different process, but I think the outcome was good! I got pictures that I like, discovered some new types of lighting set-ups, and (best of all) practiced how to make experimenting work!
I want to keep trying new things, and learn new things in the studio... but I'm not sure what to attempt next. Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment