Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Trough Creek

I enjoyed our class trip to Trough Creek, although so far it was the most photographically challenging. It was very cold and snowing a lot, so my camera lens kept fogging up which made many of my pictures come out blurry. When I managed to keep it free of condensation, snow flakes would get on my lens, also blurring my images.
Other than these technical difficulties, I also found this trip personally challenging. During the last few nature photography trips I focused a lot on patterns and details, even though I made sure to get wider angles and more inclusive images. But while at Trough Creek I found myself getting tired of close, tight, pictures. They could be taken anywhere, and I wanted to try to include more sense of places in my images. However, at the same time I wanted to create unique and creative photos.
I really like some of the photos I took that day, but overall it was not my favorite trip so far. The three pictures I posted below are my favorites, and I will definitely use at least one of them for my portfolio. What do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment