Sunday, April 22, 2012

Abandoned Turnpike

For our last nature photography trip, my class visited the abandoned turnpike.  It was an interesting trip, and very different from all the other places we've gone.  The focus was less on nature, and more on the overgrown, falling apart, turnpike.  We walked about a mile to the tunnel, then over a mile through and back through the tunnel.  I did not love that part of the hike, because I'm uncomfortable in dark, closed, cold spaces such as caves, and apparently tunnels.  Some of the graffiti also disturbed me, because it was very hateful.  I would like to go back sometime, to take portraits of fashion photos.  I think it could be used as an interesting backdrop, and create a lot of contrast with stylish clothes. 










No comments:

Post a Comment